The lifeboat station at St Davids was established by the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) in 1869. It is one of over 200 stations located around the coasts of the United Kingdom and Ireland. The RNLI is a charity funded by donations from the public and, whilst each station has a full time Mechanic, the vast majority of the lifeboat crew members are volunteers.
Some 360 lives have been saved by lifeboats based at St Davids and many other people assisted over the years. Some of the rescues have made national and international news, some have involved considerable skill and bravery which have been recognised by the presentation of awards by the Royal National Lifeboat Institution and both British and foreign governments. This site is dedicated to the work of the crews of the St Davids Lifeboats - past and present.
The following Lifeboat Crew have lost their lives whilst at sea on service with the St Davids Lifeboat
|Coxswain John Stephens (1910)|
|Lifeboatman Henry Rowlands (1910)|
|Lifeboatman James Price (1910)|
|Lifeboatman Ieuan Bateman (1956)|